Getting the supplies, setting the scene, and treating the body. Make a personal appointment, shop for the products needed, gather the necessary items, and get to work on a great looking body free of bumps, discolorations and/or other imperfections.
Get the Supplies:
While some of the supplies are common everyday items at home, some might have to be purchased. Review the following list and plan accordingly.
- Body Scrub, for recipes read Body Treatments for Great Looking Skin or purchasefresh Brown Sugar Body Polish, Amber Products Spa Touch Green Tea Mint Salt Glow, or Bath and Body Works Need a Margarita Citrus Body Scrub.
- Body Wrap, for recipes read Body Treatments for Great Looking Skin or purchase Sea Spa Black Mud Body Wrap, Spa Touch Seaweed Body Masque, or The Chocolate Body Wrap.
- Body Cream, any rich emollient body lotion will do or try Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E, Nivea Skin Cream, or The Body Shop Shea Butter.
- Towels, at least four bath towels warm and damp or a large roll of plastic wrap.
- Shower brush with long handle
- Bath pillow
- Shower cap or headband
- Eye Mask or eye treatment
- Comfy robe, cotton pajamas or loungewear and socks
- Water to drink
Setting the Scene
A day spa should be a clean and neat place to perform the body treatment and relax. Make sure the bathroom is uncluttered and that all needed supplies are neatly arranged and easy to reach. Arrange floor mats to avoid a slippery floor. Pull hair back and cover with the shower cap or hair band.
Start with a freshly showered body, free of creams, sweat, and the day’s grime.
- Exfoliate. On slightly damp skin, massage body scrub as directed, in a circular motion all over concentrating on the problem areas such as elbows, knees, entire legs, buttocks, and the neck area. For the back, apply some product on the long handle brush. The goal is to remove dry, flaky dead skin. Rinse scrub with warm water and pat dry slightly.
- Wrap. Lay one of the towels on the tub and sit. Apply body wrap product all over body, from neck down to toes. The back can be done with the long brush. Wrap body in plastic wrap or cover with damp towels. Place eye mask or treatment on eyes and relax for a minimum of 15 and maximum or thirty minutes. Rest head on pillow. Make sure, before beginning the wrap to place all supplies near the tub, including the water as bring about thirst.
- Upon reaching the desired treatment time, carefully remove the plastic wrap or towels and rinse mask off. Do not use soap; just rinse with plenty of lukewarm water. Pat dry, skin should be slightly damp.
- Massage. Although skin will be soft and moisturized, it’s very important to seal in moisture. This can be achieved by softly massaging body cream concentrating in difficult areas like the thighs, or in need of relaxation like the feet.
- Immediately upon finishing the massage, pull on cotton garments and socks. Drink plenty of water and enjoy a relaxing time.
After the treatment, skin will have a rosy glow and look toned, lumps and bumps almost, if not completely, gone. Routine treatments will achieve long lasting results.